Monday, August 11, 2008

A Promise Made....

I promised Justin that I would update this blog that my wife started back in October. Tonight, I make good on that promise. This is going to cover a lot, so this may take awhile.



October
Laura and I (along with her parents and their frequent flier miles and Marriott points) went to NYC to be a contestant on Who Wants to be a Millionaire. Our time there was incredible. I didn't think I would be a fan of such a large city, but now I know why they make those I Heart NY t-shirts, because I do. We won $16,000 and as of Saturday, Laura now has her dining room table.

November

3 years of marriage, but now we're closer to 4 since we only update the blog once a year.






December

Happy Birthday, Jesus.


January
I turned 29. That's right. I'll be 30 years old in a few months.



February
Knocked my wife up.


March
Went to England.
...and won the Duke.








...and got promoted to English department chair at work.








Summer
Bought a new house.









Last Night
Along with my wife, my dog, Maggie, and Michael Phelps, went crazy as the 4x100 U.S. relay team served up a tall glass of shut-up juice to the French pansies.


You're welcome.

4 comments:

The Nunley said...

That was awesome, Last night! America kicks ASS! I DVRed it and watched it 3 times today.

JDL said...

i love you and america. please continue with the updating, Katie and I laughed out loud more than 2 times.

Aaron said...

it was a long time coming and it was well worth the wait.

Aaron said...

you are now linked from my blog. consider this an encouragement to keep the blurbs coming. we are going to try to get down there sometime before too long to see you guys and the denney-mo's