Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Rule #243: Do it up in style...

This Saturday marks the 3rd anniversary of my personal celebration of "Happiest Day of the Year." Happiest Day of the Year, you ask?

Yes. You see, this Saturday is the beginning of college football and I have dubbed it the happiest day of the year. For 6 long months we have done without football. And the wait is over.

What all goes into this day? Well, Laura lets me eat all the junkiest food I want all day. Brats, pizza, cheese dip, bagel bites, choice beverages, etc. I can't wait. Saturday morning we'll get up and go grocery shopping, come home, get everything ready, and then wait for kick off. This year should be especially happy because of my new HDTV.

I also sing a song that I made up which Laura loves. It's to the tune of the Christmas song "It's the most wonderful time of year". Here's a little sample:

It's the most wonderful time of the year!
They'll be touchdowns a-scoring
and gatorade pouring
and people will cheer!
It's the most wonderful time of the year!

It's the hap-happiest season of all!
With cheerleaders yelling
and the crowds all a-swelling
La-la-la-la-la
It the most wonderful time of the year!


So if you're in the Memphis area (Ross) and want to celebrate this happiest of holidays. Let me know.

7 comments:

Carmen said...

We should have waited a weekend to come and visit! I really hate that we will miss out on the great junk food and good company!

JDL said...

I'm wishing I could be there to help celebrate. Please ask Ross to "Beer me that Brat" at some point during the day.

Andrew said...

That episode of The Office was on last night.

JDL said...

I know

Jones said...

You are right Andrew. However, for me the happiest day of the year is the day before when we open against our rival in front of 7000 screaming crazies. Not a awesome as college football I agree, but they let me stand on the sindelines of this game.

Aaron said...

last night was just a sausage cheese ball compared to the roasted turkey this weekend. i can't wait!

April said...

oh my gosh, you have to hang out with my husband. i think he's the biggest football fan on the planet. you two would be such a cute couple!