Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Rule #82: Check your mirrors...

Granted, Laura hasn't had a garage for about a year now, so she is a bit out of practice. Last week, she was heading over to some friend's house so I bid her goodbye and went upstairs to check e-mail.

All of a sudden, I hear (and feel) a terrible crashing noise in the garage below me. I run downstairs and it appears as though Laura thought her car should be a little narrower because she shaved off the passenger side-view mirror via the side of the garage. There it lay, the mirror, in pieces on the driveway.

Good thing she's been substituting at school. That's gonna cost us.

Love you, buddy.

8 comments:

JDL said...

Did you think that Brandon was outside driving the Stanza into your new house? Because I did, and now you did too.

JDL said...

I'll answer your question with some tweaked wisdom from Andrew Stacy: "If momma wants a car, she can get a car." (if we get approved for a decent loan)

Andrew said...

I'll tweak said wisdom from Andrew Stacy to state, "If momma wants a "new"(used) car, she can get car, provided she pays for it with cash, because I'm the man of the house and will ultimately decide what is best for the family because I want us to be successful in life and if we live like no one else now, later we can live like no one else."

Oh geez, I hope Laura doesn't read this blog.

JDL said...

i HIGHLY doubt she will read your own blog. We're safe here to talk big.

Laura said...

So not only is my one slightly expensive error posted for the world to read about, but now I'm not even supposed to be commenting on here? This blog was a horrible idea!

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kevin said...

Laura, if it makes you feel better, I one time backed into Cari's boyfriend at the time's Pathfinder and managed to hit it square enough that he needed not only a new front fender, but a passenger side door, AND a rear passenger side door.

Also, I backed into Jimmy's police car one time. It was his brand new one.

Andrew, are you trying to get yourself killed? Blame the mirror, not her. She's pregnant.

JDL said...

I have rear-ended a piloce officer before. That was FUN.