Monday, September 29, 2008

Rule 311: Don’t Choose TV over Relationships (Chuck vs. Book Club)


So, I have a gathering to attend tonight that will involve scintillating conversation and developing deeper relationships with some of my friends. Normally, I would be beyond excited about getting together with these ladies. But there is one thing that is stymieing my joy. Tonight is the premiere of Chuck, along with the airing of a new Heroes episode. So the universe (or NBC) is forcing me to choose between my girl pals and the invaluable entertainment of new episodes. I know what I should do, what I really want to do most, but that does not mean that I won’t be a little distracted at the get together. Most likely this will lead to the following conversation:

“So Laura, how was your week?”

“Well, not as bad as Claire Bennett’s. You?”

“Mine was good. Though I am a little stressed about work.”

“Oh, that’s too bad. But look on the bright side, at least you aren’t a highly intelligent, talented guy forced to work at BuyMore and face life threatening espionage on a weekly basis. Right?

12 comments:

Andrew said...

I'm so glad there's a picture of Sarah on our blog now.

JDL said...

Amen.

Red said...

"stymieing" that was my favorite part

Carmen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carmen said...

Laura, you have a DVR now!!! We like to wait a little while after a show starts to watch. That way we can fast forward through the commercials.

Carmen

Laura said...

DVR is awesome and I am addicted to the pause function. But isn't there something about watching a show when it originally airs, rather than the next day after everyone else has seen it? I mean, if I had a job, I would feel totally out of the water cooler talk today!

The Nunley said...

I have not heard anyone talk about Chuck today so I am sure you are not missing out. Do you guys really like that show?

UNtil THen,

Andrew said...

Yes. Yes we do.

Laura said...

What Andrew means is that he really likes Sarah- the rest of the show he could take or leave.

Andrew said...

Thanks for understanding, Laura.

Carmen said...

We watch it the same night! That way we are not out of the loop!

Carmen

Andrew said...

We go to bed at 9:00.