Saturday, October 11, 2008

Baby Watch 2008

The countdown has begun. Evie is technically full-term as of today.

We went to the doctor on Thursday. Laura is dilated 2 cm and is 50% effaced (which has something to do with her cervix, but I'll thank you to stop thinking about my wife's cervix--except you, Aaron, you're a doctor.) Our next scheduled doctor's appointment is next Thursday, but as we were leaving the doctor threw out this cryptic nugget: "If you make it that long." So that's encouraging.

Laura's dad says the baby will come in less than 48 hours. Yesterday Laura vacuumed the baseboards, washed and changed all bed linens, cleaned the bathrooms, went grocery shopping, and I stopped her before she started painting the bonus room. Her dad said that when she started in on clean-mode, to pack a bag because we're days away. I like his science.

I've dubbed this whole experience as Hurricane Evie. Why? Here is Laura's current "to-do" list:
1. House stocked with basic food supplies
2. Sheets on guest bed cleaned (this is checked off)
3. Bag packed for Maggie
4. Hospital bag ready, pillow and blanket in car
5. Guest bathroom cleaned (checked off)
6. All blinds and baseboards cleaned (I guess blinds are today)

So from that list I can't tell if we are evacuating the city or getting ready for a baby. Either way, stay tuned for 24-hour, up-to-date coverage.

7 comments:

JDL said...

I would love to see a video of you outside your house reporting from the eye of the hurricane.

RD said...

HAHAHAHA! Thanks JD, I've got a great mental image of that video.

Andrew, do you need help taking care of Maggie?

JDL said...

Ross, thank you.

Andrew and Ross,
Col springs just opened a Swanky's. When can you meet for trivia?

Jones said...

Andrew, I know how you feel. It is just as exciting (and scary) the second time. I will tell you two things:

Get ready for the caziest thing you have ever been through

Do not be dissapinted if it does not happen in the next few days. I know it might, but I have also known people that stay in your wifes condition for a while. Either way it will happen when it is supposed to.

JDL said...

give us an update already!

Aaron said...

2 cm and 50% is a good start for a primagravida. how is that for a big word. hope things are well and that this baby comes soon!!! feel free to call me with any questions the next few days...i am on 24 hour call for you guys with my cell phone by my bed

The Nunley said...

I think you should chronicle this Hurricane! That would be really funny if you made a whole series of weather reports as it approaches and stuff. You could get a fan an just blow it at you face and give some reports.

You have the Nunley's thoughts and prayers.